After a year of strategic planning and collaboration with the entire School community, Mission and Momentum: The Campaign for Canterbury is a reignited endeavor to raise a final goal of $90 million in support of the following initiatives:
Building on a Strategic Vision
Beginning in January 2017, the Canterbury community undertook a collaborative, in-depth analysis of all areas of School life. Both invigorating and informative, this work yielded a single, compelling vision: Canterbury is a school that places the student experience firmly at the center of its work—past, present, and future.
This reaffirmation became the driving force behind a year of strategic planning—grounded in our vision for Canterbury’s future and guided by two essential objectives:
Sustain and enhance the student experience
• Provide an atmosphere that supports positive student-faculty relationships
• Create flexible academic facilities that foster creativity and innovation
• Attract and retain an outstanding faculty committed to student growth
Ensure the School’s long-term financial health
• Increase the Endowment
• Build a sustainable Annual Fund to consistently support 10% of the operating budget
• Invest in the School’s historic campus and buildings
Thus, it is both mission and momentum that inspire the initiatives that propel our Campaign forward. It is also the reason that every gift to this Campaign represents a direct investment in a shared mission of lasting value.
"Our students sit squarely at the center of this Campaign. Your investment in
Canterbury will provide the resources needed to make their educational
experience even more meaningful and powerful as they prepare for lives of
productive achievement and service."
—rachel stone, head of school